Simple crafts sometimes turn out to be the cutest! This adorable apple bell necklace from my APPLES unit doesn’t require a lot of time or materials. It’s an easy apple craft for kids to make when studying apples this fall. They love wearing it because it jingles!
Apple Craft for Kids: Apple Bell Necklace
Supplies You’ll Need:
- a large bell (1 inch or larger)
- red acrylic paint
- green ribbon
- yarn or string
- optional (but recommended): Mod Podge or clear sealer
- Paint the bell with red acrylic paint. I usually do two or three coats. It dries really quickly in between each coat of paint. I sometimes speed up the drying time even more by using a hairdryer.
- This step is optional, but recommended. Paint or spray a clear sealer on the bell for durability. I’ve noticed without a sealer the paint does tend to scratch off sometimes. I paint over mine with Mod Podge once the red paint dries and it works great.
- Cut a small piece of green ribbon and slide it under the top loop of the bell. A polka dot ribbon is also a cute option. Tie the ribbon in a knot. Cut off the excess ribbon, leaving a little to make the leaves.
- Cut the yarn or string the length you need to make the necklace. Thread it through the loop and tie the ends together in a knot. That’s it!
Use different string and ribbons to get different looks. Here’s one we made with polka dot ribbon and twine:
I love both looks just the same. Either way, you can’t go wrong this easy apple necklace craft. Your kids will love making and wearing it!
Need more apple ideas? Be sure to check out my other apple posts:
An Apple Unit for Kindergarten and First Grade