Simple crafts sometimes turn out to be the cutest! This adorable apple bell necklace from my APPLES unit doesn’t require a lot of time or materials. It’s an easy apple craft for kids to make when studying apples this fall. They love wearing it because it jingles!
Apple Craft for Kids: Apple Bell Necklace
Supplies You’ll Need:
- a large bell (1 inch or larger)
- red acrylic paint
- green ribbon
- yarn or string
- optional (but recommended): Mod Podge or clear sealer
- Paint the bell with red acrylic paint. I usually do two or three coats. It dries really quickly in between each coat of paint. I sometimes speed up the drying time even more by using a hairdryer.
- This step is optional, but recommended. Paint or spray a clear sealer on the bell for durability. I’ve noticed without a sealer the paint does tend to scratch off sometimes. I paint over mine with Mod Podge once the red paint dries and it works great.
- Cut a small piece of green ribbon and slide it under the top loop of the bell. A polka dot ribbon is also a cute option. Tie the ribbon in a knot. Cut off the excess ribbon, leaving a little to make the leaves.
- Cut the yarn or string the length you need to make the necklace. Thread it through the loop and tie the ends together in a knot. That’s it!
Use different string and ribbons to get different looks. Here’s one we made with polka dot ribbon and twine:
I love both looks just the same. Either way, you can’t go wrong this easy apple necklace craft. Your kids will love making and wearing it!